Sunday 23 February 2014

Getting back on the Slimming Wagon - 64 weeks 6 days

So a few weeks ago I didn't just fall off the slimming wagon I jumped and ran screaming.  My last few weeks of going to class had not been successful - I know exactly why because I hadn't even been attempting to stick to the diet.  I decided a few weeks off might be what I needed to get back on track.

This past few weeks I have eaten anything and everything I wanted to no limits, no boundaries and it turns out no fun.  I feel awful.  I am exhausted all the time, I cannot walk more than a few steps without being in pain.  Last night I was out of breath just sitting in the chair stitching.  I am constantly thirsty as I think my blood sugars are out of control and as much as I may have enjoyed eating the things I wanted to it certainly isn't worth the side effects.

I'm writing all this down here so next time I want to cheat on the diet I can come back and read this and remember how crap I feel at this moment.

So on Thursday night I am rejoining Slimming World and starting my journey again from scratch.  I have another interim goal before my 40th birthday in 2015 and that is that my son starts school in September.  I don't want him to be embarrassed about his fat mummy picking him up from school.  I want to be able to run after him as we walk/run home from school and I don't want to have to have a nap when I get home because I am so exhausted.

I want to take my measurements this time and also take some photos - as hideous as they might be so I can compare.  I lost just over a stone last time and couldn't feel any difference but now having gained the weight back I know I had more energy and could walk much more easily.  I could walk up a flight of stairs without needing a 10 minute recovery period at the top.

So I hope you will wish me luck and support me on my restart.  I may post photos and measurement statistics here after Thursday if I am brave enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment